Okay…it’s been a while and I do apologise for that, it’s just that I want to make this a place that I can be proud of. So I though I could break the ice a little on the blog here and do FIFTY bookish questions!
1. What was the last book you read?
PS I Still Love You by Jenny Han. It was PHENOMENAL! I am very impatiently waiting for the third and final book of the trilogy.
2. Was it a good one?
Yes. Did you not just read my response??
3. What made it good?
Something about it made me feel really comfortable and welcomed and the way it was written I felt like I knew Lara Jean for years before.
4. Would you recommend it to other people?
YES. Do it.
5. How often do you read?
I try to read everyday. But if I’m in that dreadful thing some would call a reading slump, I usually take a break for anywhere between 2 weeks to 2 months. I know, it is so difficult due to the fact I BREATHE books.
6. Do you like to read?
Yes. I have a whole blog about reading?
7.What was the last bad book you read?
Hmmm…well when it was nearing the end of December and I still had not finished my goodreads challenge, I was reading anything in sight (I was desperate) and so I read Cock-A-Doodle-Doo by Michael Morpurgo. Honestly I don’t know what I was expecting because I only like very few of his books.
8. What made you dislike it?
It was obviously not for my age group but I thought I’d be able to see past that…I couldn’t.
9. Do you wish to be a writer?
Yes…but at the same time no because I don’t have any great ideas but if I ever get one I will be sure to write a book about it.
10. Has any book every influenced you greatly?
YEAH. AND I DIDN’T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I WAS A CHANGED WOMAN.
11. Do you read fan fiction?
Nope…should I start?
12. Do you write fan fiction?
Nope…again with the whole “no good ideas” malarkey
13. What’s your favorite book?
Ummm…I can only choose one? In that case it is probably The Museum of Heartbreak because while I read this it broke my heart.
14. What’s your least favorite book?
Witch Child. I had to read it for school and it made me so uncomfortable.
15. Do you prefer physical books or ready on a device (like a kindle)?
Physical because I can put them on my shelf and look at them and be proud.
16. When did you learn to read?
Probably when I was 5 years old… I actually have zero clue and that was a total guess.
17. What is your favorite book you had to read in school?
I actually kind of liked Macbeth
(I know total shocker, I was shocked too when I ended up enjoying it) because I thought the irony and plot was so entertaining.
18. What is your favorite book series?
Probably Narnia. It’s just that this was the first ever series I finished and I loved all the characters and the movies are amazing in my opinion!
19. Who is your favorite author?
At the minute it is Jenny Han, I am in the middle of reading all of her books back to back and I’m loving them so far and I am so excited for her new book to be released!!
20. What is your favorite genre?
YA. I don’t really read much else.
21. Who is your favorite character in a book series?
Prim from The Hunger Games…:'(
22. Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?
Yes, that’s what books are supposed to do.
23.Which book do you wish had a sequel?
Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson. I have so many questions and I miss these characters!
24. Which book do you wish DIDN’T have a sequel?
I don’t think I’ve ever read a sequel I didn’t like because I love getting more books about the characters!
25. How long does it take you to read a book?
It can take anywhere from one day to two months, it just depends on the book.
26. Do you like when books become movies?
Yes. I like seeing if they’ve done a good job or not!
27. Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation?
I honestly can’t actually think of any right now, but why don’t you tell me a book that was ruined by its movie?
28. Which movie has done a book justice?
I think Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children because the movie was so well made and they did a really good job with it!
29. Do you read newspapers?
No, unless doing the Sudoku counts?
30: Do you read magazines?
When I’ve forgotten a book at the dentist or airport I will. (But that rarely happens because one must always carry a book with them.)
31. Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
Newspapers because I feel way more posh reading it.
32. Do you read while in bed?
Yes…does everyone not do that?
33. Do you read while on the toilet?
34. Do you read while in the car?
I would if I didn’t have car sickness.
35. Do you read while in the bath?
I never take baths so I can’t really answer that.
36. Are you a fast reader?
37. Are you a slow reader?
Erm no. ^
38. Where is your favorite place to read?
39. Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?
Depends how consumed by the book I am.
40.Do you need a room to be silent while you read?
Yes I get distracted very easily. It is rather annoying at times because my family loves making a whole lot of noise while I’m trying to read…thanks guys.
41. Who gave you your love for reading?
My teacher when I was 10 years old.
42. What book is next on your list to read?
I’m currently reading The Summer I Turned Pretty so probably It’s Not Summer Without You because I’m kind of obsessed with this series.
43. When did you start to read chapter books?
I was probably 7 or 8? I haven’t a clue.
44. Who is your favorite children’s book author?
Jacqueline Wilson. I read all of her books when I was 11/12 years old and still love reading them sometimes so I can feel all nostalgic.
45. Which author would you most want to interview?
Sophie Kinsella because her books give me such a comforting feeling and I’d love to meet her and finally ask her all the questions I’ve wanted to for years.
46. Which author do you think you’d be friends with?
Jacqueline Wilson because she holds such a special place in my heart and I would love to be able to call her up and chat and read books together and she seems like such a lovely human!
47.What book have you reread the most?
I actually don’t think I’ve ever reread a book…
48. Which books do you consider “classics”?
Anything that was written in Old English or before 1950.
49. Which books do you think should be taught in every school?
Lots of different books because they make it more enjoyable and fun!
50. Which books should be banned from all schools?
I don’t think any books should be banned if I’m honest. You can learn something from every book!
Wow I can’t believe we made it through 50 of these!! Thank you if you’re still reading this far and feel free to answer one or some or all of these questions in the comments and we can chat about them!